Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Prematurely grey....

My son is causing me to become prematurely grey. Thus creating HUGE salon bills when I go here to get my hair dyed. Actually...I've been grey since high school...salt and pepper just isn't cool when you're an 18 year old...so I've been a slave to the chemicals since. My mom and dad have been blue-hairs for as long as I can remember...but it suits them, no?


Back to Noah...everyone warns you about the terrible twos (sometimes calledthe terrific twos by people who obviously don't have children). Anyway-Noah will be three in March and refuses to remove himself from the terrible two's phase which unexpectedly began when he was closer to one. He is truly a delight, loads of fun and the love that we have for him is so immense that they haven't yet created a word in the dictionary to describe it. He is our life...but...must he wreak havoc in every room of our house??


The usual target is the refrigerator...which is unfortunate as I have now lost count of the number of eggs that have been thrown on the floor followed by a gleeful "oooooooo" and then a sombre "sorry mommy...Noah, get a cloth...tidy up...tidy up..." To make matters far more complicated, we have an equally sweet dog who is just plain dumb...god love her...but she is dumber than a bag of hammers. So...there they are...Noah, a dozen smashed eggs and Einstein...all traipsing about, trying to figure out a way to avoid being caught by the tyrant they can Mommy. Ugh!! These are the days that are so cheekily explained in the What to Expect When...series of books.

Check this out. Neat concept.

Loving this song right now

It's 2:53 pm and all is quiet...a hear a pot of tea calling me not to mention a stew that should have been put in the oven ages ago! Martha, I am not!

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

You need to make him a pair of those little devil pants in Stitch N Bitch Nation to match the horns!! Too funny!

Have a great weekend, Jen!

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, should I mention that the devil pants were inspired by a boy who never left the terrible twos? I mean, he is four and still there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home