Monday, February 28, 2005

Ugh...It's Monday

Ick...Noah is sick. I was sick last night, so today...I just feel..ick. Poor little man though-he's not sick very often, but when he is...watch out! We're talking delirium here! He's a wreck...fever, rash all over, the works. It seems to be moving into his throat/nose now...great. Needless to say, he's off from Montessori today and probably for the next few days as well. He's so lethargic and icky...poor little buddy.

Before the "ick" hit me, we all went for a jaunt to Gatineau for a jewelry open house for this lovely lady. My much better half gifted me with a gift cert. to her boutique and here are a few things I got...YAY!!! I love her stuff...very cool.















On the knitting front, I finished a pair of stripey socks...the colours make me laugh! And I was reeled into another warehouse sale at Wool Tyme (20% off all wool!!) and decided to make some "no-brainer" sweaters for hubby and Noah.









They're not quite matching...Noah's is a soft bluish-grey and Dwayne's is a charcoal colour...same wool though. Lovely, non-itchy (pre-requisite) mix of alpaca and wool. The pattern I'm using for Noah's is so easy and there's not a stitch of seaming to be done! Amazing and so quick to knit up. Check out Cabin Fever. This is the book I'm using.

I also received this in the mail last week. Heather sent me this fab Noro Silk Garden as a prize for guessing her fave band member from Duran Duran. Yippee! After reading about her success in grabbing tickets to a show, I decided to see if they had a Canadian leg on their tour...and they do! They're certainly not adding many cities to their venue, but Toronto and Montreal are there...so...I'm dragging my hubby to see the T.O. show in April! YAY! We'll be bringing little buddy along with us and will be setting ma and pa up in a super hotel room with him, so that we can go to the show! How sad is that??? We have to coax my parents to drive to Toronto (2 hours at the most) to look after Noah, while we traipse all around the ACC listening to tunes from a band I still have a crush on...sigh...I still love Roger and Simon...mmmmmmmmmmm.....


So..I went on a photo shoot rampage for this entry and when I couldn't find the camera cord anywhere, a call went out to the office to figure out where it was. Before this call, however, I made a vain attempt to find it on my own...this is what I found...EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! What the hell possesses someone to acquire this amount of wire and dust??? ICK! I have been denied dusting access to the home office as I "move" stuff around and then "I can never find it". I won't show you the offensive piles of paper and "crap" that are lying around on every spare inch of the floor. Keep in mind, said better half states "some of your crap is in there too". Best move my magazine before I am permanently denied access to the office. Don't get me wrong...it's not a hygiene issue (yet) but I don't like wearing body armour to protect myself from the dust mites...



Off to check on the little germ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home