Saturday, March 19, 2005

I still haven't found what I'm looking for....

UGH!

I hate when things don't go my way :P

I was pretty pumped up about U2 coming to Ottawa...so pumped up I convinved dearest hub that 95.00 for a ticket was VERY reasonable for a band of such calibre. I couldn't even access the server to capitaltickets.ca until 10:30 (tix went on sale at 10) and even then, I was just tossed into some que. So...I became desperate enough to look for tickets in Toronto in Sept. They have a number of shows there, so I figured I would have no prob. finding at least 2 little tickets. Nope...nada.

I'm so p.o.'d it isn't funny. I feel so incredibly dejected . I did a quick check on ebay...and felt the sudden urge to vomit. Here I am...a mom...a respectable citizen...now, I'm contemplating scalpers! Hee hee hee!!! Whatever floats your boat! The asking prices are heinous, as I suspected...Oh well..maybe another time! I must admit, I did catch them when they were in Toronto for their ZooTV tour (not my fave era for U2 music...but he concert was wicked!)

I will keep my chin up...and think of the Duran Duran concert which is creeping up, I'll finish Noah's sweater (which I frogged to the nines last week!) and I'll think of the Edge, and how he's going to miss me not being at his show in Ottawa! Hee!

Tommorow is the end of Noah's b-day celebration week...he'll have his little party at Gymboree with a bunch of his pals from Montessori. I just picked up some custom made cookies on a stick (fish!) and will spend the night cutting fruit, veggies and cheese! Super!

3 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Anonymous tammy said...

Isn't it ridiculous? When the tickets went on sale in Atlanta, I think they were sold out in like three tenths of a second and people were beating on each other for them.

It's too bad. I'd like to see them, but not at the peril of my life.

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gawd I never knew U2 were coming here to Toronto.damn.I have seen U2 a couple of time before but I cant imagine not seeing Bono again ;0(
btw I have started a Ontario knitters ring if your interested,the info will be on my side board at
earth mother
http://earth_mother.typepad.com/earth_mother/
cara

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous secret pal said...

sorry you couldn't get any u2 tix..what a drag..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home