Friday, March 18, 2005

My boy is three....

Unbelievable!

I have heard a million times "enjoy this time, they grow up so fast". I usually respond with the blank stare and mutter a "mhmmm" and wonder when the time will come that I will have something in my vocabulary other than "Noah...please don't do that", "Noah, leave the dog alone", "Noah, stop eating the snow....I don't care how tasty it is" and the ever popular "OH Noah....what did you do?"

Now don't get me wrong, I would kill for my little guy...I would fly to the moon and back to make him as happy as he makes me...but, there are these "days" that I wonder when my life will return to a somewhat normal state.

The day that Noah Thomas was born, three years ago today...was sheer bliss...and a relief. After an incredibly icky pregnancy that was full of worry and negative news, the little man was delivered without any complications.





The next few months were a mix of sheer delight and incredible exhaustion. Noah was an excellent baby...slept all the time...and woke with a smile. He ate well, but was very tiny. He was a mere 5 lbs 10 oz at his first weigh in after coming home. Sweet pea....

We vowed that we would take him everywhere with us and expose him to many different cultures, music, outdoor experiences, etc.






He is still a dream to travel with and is beyond curious. He loves Dim Sum (thank god!) and revels in wagon rides, shovelling snow, running, going down slides, etc. He loves to watch Daddy scuba dive ("Daddy is a "scooba diver".) and he loves talking to people.




Noah attends a local Montessori now and just this year has graduated into the Casa environment. He's excelling more than we ever imagined and he is now talking non-stop. Every word, every sentence, every "Be careful Mommy" makes us laugh. He's a ham.



Noah, you are three today. This is the first birth day you've had that you haven't been sick! Yeah for you! You are loved more than you can ever imagine. We cherich each moment we have with you and no matter how angry you think we may be with you, we will always listen to you and love you...foever. My wish for you is to grow up respecting yourself and others around you, to be compassionate, to make your own choices for your life's path, to be happy with who you are...I could go on and on.
Happy birthday buddy...may all of your wishes for jelly beans and Nemo treats come true.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Noah!

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger eyeleen said...

Belated Happy Birthday to your adorable boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home