Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Where's me cheese?



Dwayne introduced me to Wallace and Gromit this past week. We rented two VHS (!!!) tapes from the local video store and have since downloaded (!!!) a few from the web. Now, I liked Chicken Run...but Wallace and Gromit rawk! Too funny...Of course, I had to do a quick google search to check out any patterns, knitting or otherwise, that may relate to good old Wallace et al, but found that they are hard to find! I'll keep an eye on ebay though...Feathers McGraw, Shaun the Sheep, Wendolyne...sigh...I miss the UK! Must.go.back.

In other news...my SP is the best! I received a lovely package last night from Newfoundland and couldn't wait to rip it open...lookie lookie...



Such an awesome collection of all of my faves! I've had a quick peek through the book...very cool projects. The seeds are going to be pre-potted soon...Nasturtium are THE best, and you can eat'em too! L-O-V-E the yarn! I was looking at a similar skein at my lys, and decided I needed to finish at least one more project BEFORE I bought anymore yarn or fabric. You'll also notice a whole bunch of gorgeous glass beads and two beautiful beaded bookmarks...I even received another string full of incredible glue glass beads, which Noah has claimed and has been counting them ever since! Can't wait to get using everything! Thanks again SP, you have spoiled me with a capital 'S'!!!

On the knitting front, I was plugging away quite quickly on Noah's little raglan when I realized that the neck/body seemed to be a might big...so...when I cast off the edge, and looked at it off the needles...then tried it on...myself...I realized there was no way in hell it would ever fit him. Indeed, it was a nightmarish thing to see...me, in a sweater that was meant for a 3 year old. Cropped tops are not in my wardrobe any more...so...it went to the swamp to be frogged. ACK! I figured out the prob...wrong sized addis....Oh Addi turbos, how could you deceive me?!?!?! So begins the second attempt at the raglan.

Have I mentioned that I'm a quilter? I belong to two local guilds (both of which have far too much political mess going on for my own comfort). Anyway...in an attempt to save an annual quilt show from becoming dust, I volunteered to be a member of the planning committee. So...I'm in charge of registering some 300 quilts between now and April 4th. What have I done??? It's been an interesting experience that I may or may not reconsider doing in the future. One would think that a group of quilters would be full of compassion and good will...not so. I have met a few loose screws and I am definitely disappointed in more than a few people whom I once had a bit of respect for. UGH. Isn't it a sad thing when a group of women (I'm not being sexist here...but this has been my experience lately) can't get along? Sad sad sad....

HAPPY HAPPY!!!! U2 is coming to Ottawa...RAWK ON! Now...the trick is to a) convince hubby he NEEDS to see U2 b) grab tickets before they're sold out...Way to go BOB FM and Prime Minister Martin...you RAWK!

Should run...piano lessons tonight....must practice so I can avoid having to do a solo again....

L8R

1 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Andrea said...

I am SO jealous! U2 in Ottawa?!?!?! Hmmm....that could warrant a trip out back east!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home