Saturday, April 02, 2005

Can we spell p-r-o-c-r-a-s-t-i-n-a-t-i-o-n?

Hmmm...did I spell that right???

Long time no blog! Alas, too many "life" episodes have occurred!

Anyhoo...I've finished Noah's raglan sweater-it needs to have it's loose ends dealt with and also a decent blocking, the hem edge rolls a bit much for my liking. I immediately cast on and finished 15 inches or so of Dwayne's ragg sweater as well...but it's so pitifully boring to knit...K3 P1 can wear on a girl after awhile. I was literally falling asleep knitting it. Since it's a fall-ish sort of sweater I've decided it's ok to put it in the WIP basket for a bit and pick up some quickie little projects for moi. Exhibit A....



This is my first attempt at a Buttonhole Bag courtesy of this lovely lady. I used a purty little combo of yarn colours...orchid, green heather and a green apple shade, all Alafoss Lopi-picky as hell to knit with...but I like the effect.


I'm off to felt it now (also my first attempt!)....never have I EVER been excited of the prospect of laundry! WEEEEEE!!!


I think I'm on a bag making kick. I've had this yarn-



-hanging around for awhile. I've been waiting for the chance to make something for myself without feeling guilty. Too many times I've been lured into making sweaters and such for the little mite...but let's face it, I'm a sucker for projects that give instant gratification (read-quick to finish projects!)

I'm going to make this funky little basket/bag creation with the trio yarn...should be fun. I'm going to cast on tonight! The yarn is a funky combo of colours, not my usual taste, but, it's so fresh looking, very spring! It's also a weird texture-both are a 50/50 nylon/polyester mix with a ribbon effect..kind of neat...we'll see!

I'm patiently waiting for my order from The Knitting Garden...even with the exchange rate, shipping costs, duty, etc....I LOVE this little online shop. It's fun to shop in your jammies! So...what did I order you ask?

This lovely yarn in celery for my Honeymoon Cami, and a few books as well as a little Chibi! I just like the name...Chibi, Chibi, Chibi...hee hee hee...I'm easily amused I suppose!


So...lots o' new projects in the works. I only need a few more hours in the day!

Day Light Savings Time tomorrow...ick. I'm not fond of this time change for some reason. I like when we "fall back"-it's nice to have the feeling of getting an extra hour of sleep-however the early sunset isn't so nice. I love that the days seem so much longer in the spring/summer, but still feel like I'm getting jipped an hour of sleep for the first few days.

Ok..silly rambling over. Off to grab a cup o' tea from my wicked little Bodum tea pot-loose leaf only please! I didn't realize what I was missing out on until I met my tea pot at Christmas time. I *heart* my teapot!

BFN...

4 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Dani said...

SO looking fwd to seeing how your Trio knit tote turns out! I saw the pattern and saved it myself, but it will be nice to "hear" how you do and see your results =)

BTW, hi! I found my way here as a new ROAK member and am trying to check out the LONG list of blogs and say quick hellos.

See you 'round the ring =)

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Wendy G said...

Good luck on the felting. Sounds like you have lots of great projects planned.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

It looks like you are on a green kick right now. Green is such a happy color! I hate the time change too. It really messes up my kiddos' clocks.

Amy

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Andrea said...

Great bag!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home