Friday, April 08, 2005

Happy Friday....

And a sunny one to boot! Such an awesome spring day here in Ottawa...looking forward to more days like this! This weekend looks like it's shaping up to be nice as well-now, don't get me wrong, it's not exactly beach weather, but certainly warm by Ottawa standards!

My yearly meltdown has begun.

I obsess over my lawn...I mean it, I obsess! I loose sleep thinking about the carnage that is waiting to appear once all of the snow is gone. One year I was greeting by a nasty case of grubs...ick. Another year, moles...cute little buggers, but can't they eat somewhere else. I've worked and worked to get our lawn to behave. Water and fertilize (organically of course) religiously, mow to a specified height, put weeds by hand, aerate, top dress, over seed, you name it.

Then, I sit back an wonder how my neighbours get away with NEVER watering and barely even mowing their lawn, not to mention no fertilizers, etc. WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!? It's become a joke in our house (and probably many other houses as well). Maybe this will be the year I won't fret and stew...or maybe not. If my behaviour a few days ago is any indication of what will be this summer, I would say I am a long way away from curing this addiction I have for my lawn.

I was actually jealous that my neighbour (one of the ones that never waters, etc...his lawn literally looks like a dust bowl,and his weird mutant weeds are ALWAYS on my lawn!!!) had his lawn aerated before us.

I need help people.

Onto a happier topic...I've completed a few projects, and I must say, I'm pretty happy with these snazzy, and easy, bags. The yarn for both was pretty decent to work with, although, the Lopi was picky.






Here's a closeup of the weave on the trio bag...



I ended up using 7mm needles, since it was virtually impossible to find 8 mm dpn's! These are such awkward things to knit with. I definitely like my petite addi's.



And I've done a few more rows on the hubby's simple raglan as well....







This is a boring, no brainer knit and I'm not "into" the colour-I like it, but it's a fall-ish kind of knit. So, I decided to grab a few skeins of springy yarn for a few projects for me!



This is for my Honeymoon cami...I'm too impatient to wait for my Rowan to come in from The Knitting Garden, so that lovely stuff will be destined for another summer project. I did receive a couple of Rowan books though...I love Rowan...simple as that!




This is Baby Pima-80% pima cotton and 20% alpaca. I'm loving this shade of green lately...can you tell?


Here's my selection for Tempting, what do you think?



I loved these colours and thought, what the heck, lets try a stripey version...hopefully this will work out.

A very Tempting tower....




The new Spring Knitty is up! I love this, this, and this! Yikes! Good bye yarn budget!


Startitis has hit with a vengeance...Noah was kind enough to share yet another cold with us, so I think I'll wrap up with a cozy blanket, a cup o' tea and my yarn...will I start Tempting, Honeymoon???

8 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger kmckiernan said...

Beautiful TRIO bag! I love it, I made one too but I'm having a hard time keeping my handles on, I think I pile it with too much stuff!
Love the idea of a stripey tempting. Can't wait to see how it looks.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

You can count my husband as a fellow lawn obessive compulsive.

You and I must have very similar tastes. I love all of your color choices and we knit or plan to knit the same things.

Have a great weekend!

Amy

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous skin mole wart removal said...

WEB WORK FOR FREE:I am a web designer living in Reno Nevada. I can help you anytime if you every get stuck doing updates on your blog. I have a favor to ask though. Please post a couple of links from here, that's all. It's about Skin Cancer. You'll find skin cancer-mole pictures and information about Mole Removal and abnormal growths. Be Warned some of these skin cancer pictures are really gross cancerous pictures skin - but skin cancer is not pretty. If you are not really sure what skin cancer looks like this is a great web site to look at and then bookmark. Take care. I'll check back again... and if you need my web company it's Reno SEO

 
At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Remove Moles said...

Hey, what's up? I was wondering; can you help me post these skin cancer
information links? Thank you so much: I put together the best sources of information about
Skin Cancer. This is also a great source
of information about
Skin Cancer Mole Pictures
and
Mole Removal

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Mole Remedy said...

Hi I do web design. I like what you did here. I can help you work on this blog anytime if you ever get stuck doing updates or if you want to learn how to make money with this blog or any website. The only thing I ask in return is post a few links on this site for me... they are about Skin Cancer. There many different "types" of skin cancer. If you not sure what skin cancer really looks like, you should take a moment to look at these gross pictures here: Skin Cancer Mole Pictures Careful: These Skin Cancer Mole Pictures are "without question; disgusting" but you need to see this stuff so you can avoid getting skin cancer." For information about Moles or Mole Removal check out this herbal remedy:
Mole Remedy for an all natural mole remover

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Mole Skin said...

Hi, can you please help me. I am trying to spread the word about skin cancer. If you can you continue to post these links for me from here it would be a great help. Maybe we can save some people. The links are to web sites that are about moles and skin cancer * Skin Cancer is one of the leading causes of death in America and Australia. Here are some skin cancer pictures sent to use from different dermatologists:: "Warning: some of these Skin Cancer Mole Pictures are pretty gross but they need to be shown. Thanks!"
Skin Cancer Mole Pictures anything you need to know about moles and Mole Removal can be found at MoleRemedy.com.

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Mole Removal said...

Hi, can you please help me. I am trying to spread the word about skin cancer. If you can you continue to post these links for me from here it would be a great help. Maybe we can save some people. The links are to web sites that are about moles and skin cancer * Skin Cancer is one of the leading causes of death in America and Australia. Here are some skin cancer pictures sent to use from different dermatologists:: "Warning: some of these Skin Cancer Mole Pictures are pretty gross but they need to be shown. Thanks!"
Skin Cancer Mole Pictures anything you need to know about moles and Mole Removal can be found at MoleRemedy.com.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Facial Moles said...

Need to earn side money? Earn 50% Commissions payout's twice per month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home