Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Long time gone....

Wow...has it really been THAT long since I posted.

GULP!

I have no progress photos to show, since my knitting bag is in the mail. I took off for a quick visit with my folks last week, and left all of my WIP's there...ugh.

Reason for fleeing my home in near exile...my mother in law. Without getting into the ridiculousness of it all, I will tell you that I have decided to take a stand and protect my sanity from further destruction.

She has been the source of many arguements in my household, and in others as well, and I have decided to end it. She rarely sees my son, and recently we found out through the grapevine of senior citizens that populate our family, that she was coming to Montreal (a mere 2 hours away as opposed to the 6.5 hrs that we would have to drive to see her at her house) and she didn't tell us until the very last moment.

I was SO annoyed/hurt/etc. that I decided this was a perfect opportunity to pack up Noah and go spend some quality time with the grandparents who actually give a shit about him. This sounds so immature and callous..but....you would have to have a good stiff drink and at least a few days free before I could tell you what has transpired to lead me to act this way.

I have decided that I will not partake in any activities that involve her. I will not bend over backwards to impress her or make her happy anymore. This is something I need to do for my own well being.

Sigh...wish I had my knitting with me. Just think of the progress I could have made while under this stress...needles on fire, my friends.

On a happier note-I insisted that my dad take me to a FABULOUS little shop in London that I haven't been to. He ROCKS!!! I love my dad more than words could ever say...excuse while I gloat about my rockin' dad. I left the store wishing I had more money!!! But I did grab 10 skeins of lovely Noro for the Klaralund I've been planning since who knows when. Now...I must find my Cornelia Tuttle...where ever could she be???

I'm in the middle of chaos with the quilt show I'm helping to organize, and the Montessori school my son attends is on my "must get out of there" list.

Here's hoping this perpetual headache and feeling of inadequacy goes away soon. Maybe all of this rain we're getting will help with that.

Off to find some peace somewhere! Hahaha!!!

Photos of WIP's to follow!

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Good for you for taking a stand! I agree with you that just because someone is family, doesn't mean that you have to put up with their crap. Bravo!

Have a great weekend,
Amy

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Dani said...

In laws - hrumph! You sound like you are doing all the right things though - family or not, if someone is treating your poorly, they don't deserve to be treated any other way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home