Sunday, May 22, 2005

Umm...I'm a delinquent...

Yet again...mega long time between posts and, I don't have any photos...ugh.

In a nutshell...here's the scoop, with the promise of pics and more dirt to follow:

-Awesome quilt show! I'm glad it's over though. You never really realize how much work goes into these types of venues. Lots of fun, met lots of cool people, picked up way too much fabric, and certainly loads of inspiration...all I need is time to sit in front of the old singer!

-Gardening...and more gardening...I know I mentioned in a previous post that I'm insanely obsessed with my lawn. It's true. I had my hubby cart 10 big rolls of sod to the backyard to satisfy my need for a perfectly green lawn. Now, someday I will realize that this is impossible when there is a dog in the family who is aging and peeing far too often! Poor thing...and poor lawn!

-Knitting news...finished my Honeymoon cami...and I'm pleased. The colour is fun, the shaping is ok...and I gave up trying for a perfect garment long ago. There are a few stitches that look a bit wonky, but what the heck!

-Started Klaralund...I'm on sleeve island now. And I have learned a valuable lesson I think. I read the instructions and thought, heck, why can't I knit the front and back pieces as one on a circ. It looks fine, but then I realized that the stripey goodness of the Kureyon is indeed different on the sleeve than on the body part. The body stripes are much narrower than the sleeves...hello?!?!? Not too bright over here!! Oh well...I'm going to post a pic to get some consensus on whether I should frog it or not.

-Hubby's alpaca mix sweater is also coming along.

-Another friend is expecting...a boy! This is the first boy in our circle of friends besides my Noah...weird huh?

So...babies, quilting, gardening, mental mother-in-law, and hey...did I mention?!?!? My hubby has applied for a UN posting in Vienna...we're praying every second that he gets it...He has UN experience...worked in Kiev, Ukraine for 3 years, and I would love to go. Noah is at a perfect age for this type of travel/living experience as well. Every body part we can cross is crossed...cross whatever you can spare for us will ya??

Later gaters!

4 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Welcome back! I've been eye-balling the Klaralund too. I'll look forward to seeing how yours turns out. Vienna...how wonderful!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Best of luck with the Vienna assignement! Spricht du Deutsch?

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a gardening general
site/blog. It pretty much covers gardening generalrelated stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Silvianne said...

I just came across a great gardening website called AtlGardening.com*. Not only does it feature articles for the gardening enthusiast, but has become a great water gardening
resource for me in my landscaping effort. The webmaster of this site has recently added a book section that seemed to expand everytime I go there.
What I like about it is that I get instant access to the book and don't have to wait for the book(s) to arrive which of course saves me money.....no shipping charges.... in some cases. Great idea. I love it. You must check it out today. Let me know what you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home